This is the home of the League of Women Voters of Klamath County. We are a non-partisan political organization that:
►encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government (GET INVOLVED)
► influences public policy through education and advocacy (BECOME AN INFORMED VOTER)
Join the LWV Klamath!
Why? Because we do important local work to strengthen our political system and democracy:
- Klamath County Commissioners are now non-partisan officials thanks to our leading efforts.
- The transient room tax we supported is aiding efforts to promote tourism in Klamath County.
- We study issues like air pollution, the justice system, the environment, and sustainable development. We make recommendations to local, state, and federal levels of government.
- Our focus is to educate voters before elections so they can make informed decisions.
- The LWV works on a non-partisan basis to get out the vote, thus improving our democratic process.
What can YOU do?
- study local issues in detail, with the help of experts, and help frame policy recommendations
- work with other Oregon chapters to study larger issues and submit reports to the Oregon Legislature
- help with educating voters before elections, such as holding candidate forums
- join national non-partisan efforts to recommend sound policy on many issues
- become an informed voter
Read all about it on our candidates’ information page!
LWV Klamath Board Meetings
Third Thursday of the month at 5:15 pm at various locations in Klamath Falls (or online). Request an agenda for each meeting from firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone has a voice at our meetings. (Only Board members are allowed to vote.)
Find our recent board meeting minutes HERE.
See the treasurer’s report for 2021-22 and proposed budget for 2022-23 HERE.
You can pay your dues by sending $65 for individual or $97.50 for family membership to LWV Klamath, 8880 Tingley Lane, K. Falls, OR 97603.
Want to talk with someone about any of this? Call Diane Eastman-Shockey, President at 989-501-0013 or Leslie Lowe, Treasurer 541-882-6509
Vote 411 and its Impact in Oregon
Here in Oregon, the League of Women Voters participates in and promotes voter education through the Vote 411 website. Here voters can learn about every election, candidates and issues. How well does it work? Here is one answer in the video below.
LWV 2020 Election Impact Report
The 2020 election saw the greatest voter participation in our nation’s history. In the middle of a global pandemic, with abundant mis- and disinformation about our elections and unprecedented attempts to disenfranchise voters or push anti-voter reforms, we as a League found new and innovative ways to impact voters.
Along the way, we carefully measured and analyzed the impact of our efforts so that we could recognize our victories and identify growth areas for the century to come.
We’ve compiled all of our findings in our 2020 Election Impact Report. Read the full report HERE.
subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed of upcoming activities.
CONTACT: LWV of Klamath County 8880 Tingley Lane, Klamath Falls OR 97603 541-882-6509
For more information, contact our president at email@example.com